Thursday, January 6, 2011

Real or "Inspired:?

Today, I'm going to be brief (well, for me).

I have a million and one things to do before the fundraiser this evening, but I just need to give a quick shout out to my wonderous husband.  I casually mentioned  before I headed out the door for a meeting that it would have been cool if I had thought enough in advance to make ring shaped cookies.  I come home hours later to find a cookie cutout of a diamond ring on the kitchen island.  Awww...

So that brings me to my topic for today.  When it comes to fashion, do you prefer only to have the real thing for your accessories (an authentic couture purse, diamonds & gemstones, Manolo's) or would you buy a copy cat?

I am half and half on this one.  Should I carry a designer handbag, it will be the real thing, because frankly, those with the discerning eye can spot a knockoff a mile away.  So, until I'm ready to invest in another Burberry (my brand of choice) I will go with the basic no name bag, it's just a glorified catch-all anyway!

When it comes to jewelry, I am much different.  I don't really care for brand names, and that's not just because I sell it.  I never did like wearing someone else's personal style.  There are a lot of jewelry designers out there that are actresses or singers, or just famous for some reason I cannot fathom, trying to sell me jewelry because it's what "all the major stars do now".  Well, hooey on that.  I want to go with brands and styles that flatter me personally; trends that fit into my personality and lastly, I don't want "stand alone" pieces.

I am an extremely frugal person and I want to know that I have jewelry that isn't going to be out of style in a single season, or be a piece I bought so that it would appeal only to the other people who wear that brand.

What is your preference?

1 comment:

  1. Well said.
    When it comes to handbags and investment pieces in my wardrobe, I'm willing to pay the price to get quality designer - not so much for the name brand, but because of the quality :)
    Jewelry on the other hand - quality is important, but I find that most jewelry is high quality so in the end it comes down to personal preference - do I like it? Is it special? Pretty? Will I wear it? Brand is one of the last things I consider when buying jewelry - but that's just me. :)

    ReplyDelete