Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Color Me Happy

Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2011.  In case you didn’t know it, Pantone is THE color authority. 

I know, you don’t care about all that, you just want to know what the color is.  Well, here goes: It’s Pantone 18-2120TCX.  Huh? For those of you not so knowledgeable of the variances of the color spectrum, here it is in plain language:  Honeysuckle. 

But wait, it’s a PINK Honeysuckle.  I don’t know about you, but where I live, we have multiple varieties of naturally growing Honeysuckle, and 99% of the ones I see around are yellow.  Do not be confused and start wearing yellow or white! (Oh, the embarrassment!) Kidding! I bet you look stunning in either of those...

 The only way I can describe the color is… well, I don’t think I can, so take a peek at it here http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/pantone.aspx?pg=20824&ca=10...

You’ll see this color EVERYWHERE this year.  Pantone not only covers fashions in clothing and accessories, but also in furnishings and other home décor as well as online! You’ll start to see this color pop up on websites as design options, and will be part of the top used graphic online.

So, you’ll have to run out and get you some HONEYSUCKLE, but I would like to add a word of caution.  Keep this color to your accessories: handbags, jewelry, head wear, belts, and shoes.  Why? Because next year it’s going to be a different color and accessories are cheaper to replace than an entire wardrobe devoted to what’s hot in color NOW.

What do you think of the 2011 color? 

No comments:

Post a Comment